New release?

Jan 8, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Hi,

I found your project on Google, en thought I'd give it a try, since i'm really eager to use a webradio plugin. On CF2 we had the webradioplugin, but even since CF3 came out, that one became 'useless'

I installed the plugin, but the list remains empty.. Also I live in the netherlands, and there a no dutch music stations in ShoutCast so it would be amazing to have the ability to add custom stations..

Also i saw that there where a couple of updates since 15dec, if you need a tester I am willing to 'sacrifice' myself and test your versions if you wish!

Grtz Hakko

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2010 at 11:57 AM

Hi Hakko,

thanks for your feedback. If you experience any problems please check your log files. They are located in your app settings folder (search for centrafuse.log and error.log) and contain important debug information. There could be an OS related problem as I tested on Win7 only. Or its just misconfiguration or you are missing some prerequisites. My first guess would be a wrong path to your database file. Also check if this db file is NOT marked as readonly.

I am currently running my car pc on CF2 as I am not finished with testing and finding the right setup yet. Thats why I would appreciate to have my plugin tested in a real life situation. Please tell me what you need to get ready for testing (e.g. whether you are able to build source code or you need a setup file).

The updates I made contain buxfixes. I also added a modal progress dialog that pops up if stations are updated. I will add a rudimentary tool to access the database file and add custom stations soon.

Regards Altbrot

Jan 12, 2010 at 8:03 AM

Hi,

I'll check the logfiles tonight.
I'm running Windows 7 right now on the CarPC, so I guess that it could be rights related too. I noticed that even when being an administrator on the PC (UAC turned off), some folders are not accessable by software.. I'll check this too, just to be sure..

For testing I'd need a setup file, since I'm not able to build source code.
Just for you to know on what system your software is going to be tested, here is my current setup:

Centrafuse Release 
3.0.1106 (Gold)
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate
Motherboard
Intel D945GCLF2
Processor
Intel ATOM 330 1,6Ghz Dual-Core
Memory
2GB DDR2 533Mhz
Hard Drive
40GB Kingston SSD
Power Supply
M3-ATX
Sound Card
PCI Creative X-Fi Extreme Music
Internet:
Huawei E220 3G/HSDPA modem

Isn't it an option to put the database file in a standard location (centrafuse plugin folder?), and just hardcode the path in the plugin to make it fool-proof?

Many thanks, and Í'd be happy to test for you! I'll check the database file tonight, and the logfile. If there anything out of the ordinairy I'll let you know.

Grtz Hakko

Coordinator
Jan 12, 2010 at 5:28 PM
Edited Jan 13, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Hi Hakko,

I added a new release that contains all new changes. Just follow the instructions in the download section. Good luck and happy testing.
Maybe you can use the issue tracker to report bugs.

Regards, Altbrot